Summary of Scheduled Events for Friday July 9, 2010
1. Java Divine Italian Café, Artist reception , from 6-8 pm with free wine tasting focusing on our latest selection of wines and light appetizers.
Live music by Matt and Beth acoustic guitarists from 7-9pm.
Java Divine will be open until 10pm and often the music lasts until then too!
In July we are featuring the art work of local nature artist Nelson Horton. “Nelson has been inspired to sketch and paint since early childhood as he would roam the white oak woods and creeks on his Grandfather's Chatham County farm. Nelson takes great delight in capturing the beauty of nature and wildlife that touches his heart even to this present day.”
128 Bass Lake Road, Holly Springs,
919-577-6288, http://www.javadivine.com/ .
2. Electric Beanz Coffee Bar, Artist’s reception, Live Jazz Music and complimentary appetizers. Art Walkers can enjoy 20% off a pound of coffee at the event.
Dave Reitmeyer had to cancel at Electric Beanz, but Doug Babcock has agreed to perform in his place. It should be a great evening of the arts.
On exhibit are Thea Fotiu Howell's impressionistic still life acrylic paintings and a new, intimate landscape painted on-site in her hometown in Upstate New York. Experience Virginia Owen's playful and vibrant work in several intriguing and colorful paintings of faces. Galina Stockstill, originally from Russia, demonstrates skill with beautiful gouache paintings of architecture and landscapes. All three artists are members of Local Color Gallery of Raleigh http://www.localcoloraleigh.com/ In addition, Howell's work can be viewed at http://www.electricartmarket.com/ and Stockstill's work can be viewed at http://galinasart.tripod.com/ All three artists invite you to meet them at the opening reception on Friday, July 9th at Electric Beanz as part of the 2nd Friday Art Walk of Fuquay-Varina.
Festivities start at 6 p.m., jazz music from 7:30 to 10pm.
8109 Fayetteville Rd, Suite 113, Kings Grant Shopping Center at the intersection of 401 and Ten-Ten Roads. (In F-V city limits).
(919) 772-3269, http://www.electricbeanz.com/ .
3. Aviator Brewery, exhibiting paintings from local artist Mary Phillips, with live music. Open late.
600 East Broad Street, Fuquay-Varina (in the historic Varina Depot)
(919) 552-8826, http://www.aviatorbrew.com/ .
4. Ashley's Art Gallery, Featuring art of the Appalachians by N.C. artists Phil Philbeck and William Mangum. Free wine tasting 6 - 8pm.
701 N. Main Street, Fuquay-Varina, (919)552-7533 http://www.ashleyart.com/ .
5. Cellar 101, Rod Brady will be performing classic rock, open till 11:00 pm July 9.
101 S. Main Street, Fuquay-Varina, in the Mitchell Building, 919-285-3416